Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Relationship with Media


Media is everywhere, and is a large part of my everyday life. Everything from my Blog, Facebook, E-mail, television, and music tabs websites. Most of these sites are interactive as you are able to click on options and select activities, or actions you want to have done or do on the specific site. Blogs and social networking sites have user-generated content, they post small pieces of writing, video blogs, photos, and status updates, like a live journal. User-generated content gives the user the option of producing their own forms of media. I often use these sites to voice opinions on current events, things that happen in my life, or share stories with my friends and family. The reason why I visit these websites so often is because it is easier to keep in touch with friends and it's all free. I usually view a lot of videos on sites like Youtube, watch old videos of shows that i miss from when i was younger, check weather, find music, and read about my friends. So I view many different types of media daily. Showing how easily I can navigate these different sites shows how much i know the media I am viewing and producing. I have been using these sites probably early in their inception when they were still coming up sites and have been around to see many of them become more and more user friendly and easier to access to the point a small child can navigate the site. Sites have become simpler. My relationship with media is a ongoing relationship of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment